We at the European Society for the Study of Tourette Syndrome (ESSTS) are committed to respecting the privacy of our website visitors.
- Personally Identifiable Information
ESSTS does not require that you provide personally identifiable information in order to use our website. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, postal code and telephone number, e-mail address and any other information which might be used to identify you individually.
You may provide personally identifiable information to us while using the site in the following situations:
1. When filling an online contact form
2. When filling the online membership registration form
3. When submitting a newsletter registration request form
When you contact us with a question or comment, we may collect Personal Information that allows us to be in contact with you, such as your name, address, email address and phone number.
4. When you register for an event
We may provide online registration for our events and collect your Contact Information and other Personal Information you choose to provide to us. We may also collect your IP address (anonymously) and aggregate web server traffic information such as the number of visitors to our website, length of stay and sources of traffic in order to improve our website and our service to you. Personally identifiable information will never be sold, rented or exchanged outside of the Society, its successors or assigns, unless the user is first notified and expressly consents to such transfer.
- How do we use personal information?
We use your Personal Information to manage our membership lists and provide and improve our services and outreach. In particular, we use:
Contact Information to respond to your questions, comments, requests and inquiries and otherwise correspond with you, including sending news and other information we think you will find valuable.
- What Personal Information Do We Disclose?
Service Providers – We may share Personal Information with third-party service providers who perform a variety of functions to enable us to provide our services, such as Host City Organising Committees who collaborate directly with us during the planning of the annual ESSTS meetings, and our web designers who update the members lists and prepare the relevant newsletters. These service providers only have access to the Personal Information necessary to perform their functions, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and may not use your Personal Information for purposes other than to perform such functions.
Legal – We may disclose Personal Information to courts, law enforcement agencies and other government bodies where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
Reorganisation – In the event of a reorganisation, we may transfer any and all Personal Information we collect to the relevant third party involved in the reorganization, with the consent of individuals if and as required under applicable privacy laws.
- How do we protect your personal information?We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction as required by applicable law. For instance, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, which is one of the leading security protocols for data transfers on the internet. We also restrict access to your Personal Information to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose; ESSTS board members, ESSTS meetings organising committees, ESSTS web designers.
- Your choiceWe respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting suppression of your personal information in our files.To opt out and remove your name from future emails from us, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Access, correction and other rightsIn accordance with applicable law, you may correct, update, delete, block or limit our use of your Personal Information by contacting us by the means noted below and clearly describe your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case under the timeframes set forth by applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes as required or authorized by law.